The prophet Zephaniah dwells upon the event surrounding the
Christian Persecution ahead.
Tishri Prophecy 5770
“Day of the Lord.” In his prophecies he warns us of pre-pre-Tribulation days of anti-Christianity and anti-Semitism that will fall upon God’s people. Remember, that the time of the antichrist is restrained by the believers within the Body of Christ, the Overcomer. The light must be removed so that darkness can prevail. The census of 1.7 billion worldwide Christians is a threat to the New World Order. Even today, these 1.7 billion Christians are under a pre-pre-Tribulation anti-Christian agenda of the shadow governments that are bringing into being a one world government. Christians are under strife and surveillance and will have to choose whom they will serve-the flesh and the world or Christ. Apostate times are ahead for the Church. Who will endure?- -only those who hold fast to the truth and promises that are in the Scriptures, God’s immutable WORD. A sifting and a “falling away” will occur when it is not longer tolerable by our humanistic world’s standards to be a “Christian.” A remnant people will be strengthened by the anti-Christian/anti-Semitism that prevails as in the Church of Smyrna. Let us now examine the prophetic word of Zephaniah.
Zephaniah 1:15 KJV That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zephaniah 2:1-3 KJV Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; (2) Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you. (3) Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.
God is admonishing His people to seek righteousness in these days before they are hidden (raptured). God’s judgment is ordained (wrought); it is decreed to be as a day that cometh as the blowing chaff before the wind. Chaff will be separated by ensuing persecution from amongst the nations not desired before the day of the Lord’s anger. “Gather yourselves together.” The repetitive “before” statements speak to a time of anti-Christianity and anti-Semitism that occurs as the world becomes more spiritually dark. This is an antecedent period before the Overcomers, the virgins with oil” are removed to be hidden. It is coming about as you follow current world events.
The Vision of Margaret MacDonald 1830 AD
1. "It was first the awful state of the land that was pressed upon me. I saw the blindness and infatuation of the people to be very great. I felt the cry of Liberty just to be the hiss of the serpent, to drown them in perdition. It was just 'no God.' I repeated the words, Now there is distress of nations, with perplexity, the seas and the waves roaring, men's hearts failing them for fear.
2. Now look out for the sign of the Son of Man. Here I was made to stop and cry out, O it is not known what the sign of the Son of Man is; the people of God think they are waiting, but they know not what it is. I felt this needed to be revealed, and that there was great darkness and error about it; but suddenly what it was burst upon me with a glorious light.
3. I saw it was just the Lord himself descending from Heaven with a shout, just the glorified man, even Jesus; but that all must, as Stephen was, be filled with the Holy Ghost, that they might look up, and see the brightness of the Father's glory. I saw the error to be, that men think that it will be something seen by the natural eye; but 'tis spiritual discernment that is needed, the eye of God in his people. Many passages were revealed, in a light in which I had not before seen them. I repeated, 'Now is the kingdom of Heaven like unto ten virgins, who went forth to meet the Bridegroom, five wise and five foolish; they that were foolish took their lamps, but took no oil with them; but they that were wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.' 'But be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is; and be not drunk with wine wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit.' This was the oil the wise virgins took in their vessels - this is the light to be kept burning - the light of God - that we may discern that which cometh not with observation to the natural eye.
4. Only those who have the light of God within them will see the sign of his appearance. No need to follow them who say, see here, or see there, for his day shall be as the lightning to those in whom the living Christ is. 'Tis Christ in us that will lift us up - he is the light - 'tis only those that are alive in him that will be caught up to meet him in the air. I saw that we must be in the Spirit, that we might see spiritual things. John was in the Spirit, when he saw a throne set in Heaven. But I saw that the glory of the ministration of the Spirit had not been known. I repeated frequently, but the spiritual temple must and shall be reared, and the fullness of Christ be poured into his body, and then shall we be caught up to meet him. Oh none will be counted worthy of this calling but his body, which is the church, and which must be a candlestick all of gold. I often said, Oh the glorious inbreaking of God which is now about to burst on this earth; Oh the glorious temple which is now about to be reared, the bride adorned for her husband; and Oh what a holy, holy bride she must be, to be prepared for such a glorious bridegroom.
5. I said, Now shall the people of God have to do with realities - now shall the glorious mystery of God in our nature be known - now shall it be known what it is for man to be glorified. I felt that the revelation of Jesus Christ had yet to be opened up - it is not knowledge about God that it contains, but it is an entering into God - I saw that there was a glorious breaking in of God to be. I felt as Elijah, surrounded with chariots of fire. I saw as it were, the spiritual temple reared, and the Head Stone brought forth with shoutings of grace, grace, unto it. It was a glorious light above the brightness of the sun that shone round about me.
6. I felt that those who were filled with the Spirit could see spiritual things, and feel walking in the midst of them, while those who had not the Spirit could see nothing - so that two shall be in one bed, the one taken and the other left, because the one has the light of God within while the other cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven.
7. I saw the people of God in an awfully dangerous situation, surrounded by nets and entanglements, about to be tried, and many about to be deceived and fall. Now will THE WICKED be revealed, with all power and signs and lying wonders, so that if it were possible the very elect will be deceived - This is the fiery trial which is to try us. - It will be for the purging and purifying of the real members of the body of Jesus; but Oh it will be a fiery trial. Every soul will he shaken to the very centre. The enemy will try to shake in every thing we have believed - but the trial of real faith will be found to honour and praise and glory. Nothing but what is of God will stand. The stony-ground hearers will be made manifest - the love of many will wax cold. I frequently said that night, and often since, now shall the awful sight of a false Christ be seen on this earth, and nothing but the living Christ in us can detect this awful attempt of the enemy to deceive - for it is with all deceivableness of unrighteousness he will work - he will have a counterpart for every part of God's truth, and an imitation for every work of the Spirit.
8. The Spirit must and will be poured out on the church, that she may be purified and filled with God - and just in proportion as the Spirit of God works, so will he - when our Lord anoints men with power, so will he. This is particularly the nature of the trial, through which those are to pass who will be counted worthy to stand before the Son of man. There will he outward trial too, but 'tis principally temptation. It is brought on by the outpouring of the Spirit, and will just increase in proportion as the Spirit is poured out. The trial of the Church is from Antichrist. It is by being filled with the Spirit that we shall be kept. I frequently said, Oh be filled with the Spirit - have the light of God in you, that you may detect Satan - be full of eyes within -be clay in the hands of the potter -submit to be filled, filled with God. This will build the temple.
9. It is not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord. This will fit us to enter into the marriage supper of the Lamb. I saw it to be the will of God that all should be filled. But what hindered the real life of God from being received by his people, was their turning from Jesus, who is the way to the Father. They were not entering in by the door. For he is faithful who hath said, by me if any man enters in he shall find pasture. They were bypassing the cross, through which every drop of the Spirit of God flows to us. All power that comes not through the blood of Christ is not of God. When I say, they are looking from the cross, I feel that there is much in it - they turn from the blood of the Lamb, by which we overcome, and in which our robes are washed and made white. There are low views of God's holiness, and a ceasing to condemn sin in the flesh, and a looking from him who humbled himself, and made himself of no reputation. Oh! it is needed, much needed at present, a leading back to the cross.
10. I saw that night, and often since, that there will be an outpouring of the Spirit on the body, such as has not been, a baptism of fire, that all the dross may be put away. Oh there must and will be such an indwelling of the living God as has not been - the servants of God sealed in their foreheads - great conformity to Jesus - his holy holy image seen in his people - just the bride made comely by his comeliness put upon her. This is what we are at present made to pray much for, that speedily we may all be made ready to meet our Lord in the air - and it will be. Jesus wants his bride. His desire is toward us. He that shall come, will come, and will not tarry. Amen and Amen Even so come Lord Jesus.
Today’s major pre-tribulation theologians and religious leaders are all on the same page and do not bringing confusion to God’s Kingdom promises. Listed below are some of these literal interpreters of the Scriptures: These are the pre-tribulation rapture theologians, teachers, pastors:
John Walvoord, J. R. Church, Gary, Stearman, Chuck Missler, Chuck Smith, Joe Good, Perry Stone, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsey, Randle Price, Thomas Ice, Grant Jeffrey, Paul Wilkinson, Ed Hinson, David Hockings, Mark Hitchcock, Tim LaHaye, Jerry Jenkins, Jimmy DeYoung, Bill Koenig, Don Koenig, Robert Dean, Mark Baily, Tim Demy, David Olander, Ken Johnson, Jack Kinsella, David Reagan, Dwight Pentecost, Arnold Fructenbaum, H. Wayne House, David Hunt, Zola Levitt.
Bible References :
1. Luke 21:25-26
2. Matt 24:3-5
3. I Thes 4:16-17; I Cor 15:51-52
4. I Thes 5:5; Eph 5:8; Rev 4:1-2, 5:9-12
5. I Cor 15:51; I John 3:2-3; Col 1:6, 25-27; Zech 4:6-12
6. Luke 17:34
7. Matt 24:22; Dan. 12:1, 10; Joel 2:2; II Thes 2:1-12; Rev 6:1-10; Matt 24:12; Dan 7:25
8. II Tim 3:1-8
9. II Tim 3:1-5; II Pet 2:1-2;
10. Rev 7:3; Rev 14:1-10
Book of the prophet Zechariah
The Book of Zechariah is the apocalypse of the Old Testament-Tanach, just as the book of The Revelation is the apocrypha of the New Testament. Zechariah discusses his visions of Satan roaming to-and-fro throughout the earth, the oppressions of the Jewish people by the many world empires of antichrists; the salvation of man from the pits of Hell; the union of Jew and Gentile in Christ as one new man; the end time curse over the whole earth; the resurgence of the mystery religions of ancient Babylon; the future restoration of Israel; and a world war of wars for the soul of man. God pleads with the people for a sincere heart in worship. Judgment is coming and the Lord will deliver. The Good Shepherd will re-gather his flocks as the ancient enemies of Israel are utterly destroyed and the Lord will reign as King of kings and Lord of lords for a thousand years.
Hosea is one of several prophets that the Lord sent to the Northern Kingdom, Ephraim, also known as the House of Israel. His message, along with Amos, was announcing the judgment of God upon them because they were living in an idolatrous relationship serving the gods of Baal and worshiping the golden calves at Dan and Bethel. During the time of Hosea, the Northern Kingdom was even more prosperous, with a mightier army than the Southern Kingdom of Judah. It was the best of times for the nation, but the worst of times, spiritually. Hosea, throughout his writings, uses metaphors, similitudes, types and analogies to bring forth the Lord’s message of judgment as visual imagery. He starts out as a prophet, likened unto Ezekiel, imitating in his own life, their message of judgment. Hosea takes Gomer, an adulterous wife, and she bears him children out of whoredom. This relationship is symbolic of the idolatry of the Northern Kingdom in ignoring the first three Torah commandments of The 10 Commandments. The message underlying the text of Hosea is dispersion of the nation because of their sin. Their destruction is so complete, that they are assimilated with lost identity into the melo ha goyim, the Gentile nations. The prophetic message of Hosea is that they will be re-gathered and restored, and that Ephraim (now found in the Church of the Gentiles) will repent and say, “what have I to do with idols?” The book of Hosea, in its proper interpretation defies the popular theological notion that the destinies of the Church and Israel are separate in the eyes of God. In understanding Israel’s re-gathering, we can better understand the Apostle Paul’s writings regarding the Gentiles in Romans 9:24-25 when he quotes Hosea: “I will call them my people, which were not my people....they shall be called the children of the living God.” The destiny of “all Israel” is that there is neither Jew nor Gentile, but one in Christ - as “one new man.”
Download Audio Amos part one
Download Audio Amos part two
Amos, a herdsman and farmer from the Southern Kingdom of Judah, is sent by the Yehovah to prophesize the destruction of the Northern Kingdom (House of Israel, Ephraim). Ephraim was much like America today with abundant prosperity, moral lawlessness and spiritual darkness. They had a strong military and felt undefeatable as the “hammer of the earth.” They had summer and winter homes and two horses in each stall. It was a time of plenty with the corrupt leadership of Jeroboam II, who did evil in the eyes of the Lord, and a corrupt priesthood promoting idol worship. Because they ignored their covenant with Yehovah and were living in spiritual darkness, they were sent into exile by the fierce Assyrian warriors flooding down upon them and totally annihilating their nation in 722 BC. We discuss the similarity of this prophetic happening as applying to America today.
Micah is a powerful seven chapter book portraying the Hebrew people under Assyrian siege, estranged from God. Judgment takes the Northern Kingdom into assimilated captivity. However, a king of Judea heeds Micah’s message and repents. God’s judgment by the Assyrians is staid. However, 100 years later as the Southern Kingdom again falls into idolatry and Torah disobedience, they are taken captive into Babylonian exile. Micah is a miniature Bible for the Jewish people as it portrays their future woes as daughter Jerusalem; their baldness as a wandering people oppressed by the eagle, their birth as a nation when daughter Zion travailed; their Messianic hope from the Bethlehem Ephratah; their survival as a remnant destine for the Messianic Kingdom; their Tribulation plight; their invasion by the AntiChrist’ Empire; and their return to the Davidic Kingdom under Messiah Yeshua Jesus.
BACKGROUND: Malachi is last of the OT (Tanach) Books. The next 430 years are the “silent years” until the last OT prophet, John the Baptist, appears wearing the mantle of Elijah, as a voice of repentance in the Judean wilderness. (inter-Testimental period).
Matthew 11:7-15 (KJV) “And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Malachi means “My messenger” a prophetic end time message of agency (messengers) that the Lord will use in The Last Days. Message of a burdened of their iniquity to the Babylonian remnant of returning Jews released by Cyrus the Persian – message to an apostate people to repent. A picture of the state of end time affairs in the Church, as we get nearer and closer to The Day of the Lord (Tribulation of Revelation). This newly reorganized nation of Israel is led by Ezra, Nehemiah, Joshua and Zerubbabel.
From their prophets (Ezekiel, Daniel, Jeremiah, Isaiah) the expectation of the retuning Jews was to a golden age of Israel.
They strove to live in luxury and neglect the Lord’s House (recall paneled wall & ceilings in Haggai). Refers to their “fat time” of self indulgences when temple is completed and city wall completed (Haggai) at a time after which Edom is ransacked by the Arabs ( 550-400 BC.). This was about 100 years after Cyrus’ decree to return to the land (~438 BC.) A history of Edom: They were destroyed, laid waste -made desolate by Nebuchadnezzar and also by Nabatean Arabs (seed of Keturah) who plundered & pillaged their land and intermingled with them to become the country of Indumea. These returning Jews are a witness to the destruction of Edom.
This Book is highly prophetic of the vestibule into the end times. Malachi’s method of presentation is argumentative responses of the people to their creator God.They respond in sharp, snippy, haughty rebuttal to God admonitions of their faith.This behavior would not be tolerated in a court of law.
They lack respect for God’s Name and His Torah- instructions for righteousness.
Chapter 1: These conceited, haughty, arrogant people are as the world is today. They are like the Church of Smyrna, as they have “lost their first love.” They go through the motions of religion with no fear of the Lord or having a persona relationship. They lack appreciation of God’s love for them from the beginning unto forever. God is immutable and His love is unconditional. They could not commit themselves to honor and worship God in a holy, unselfish manner- They are insincere.
No honor of God’s Name (10 X in text God alludes to His Name).(Mal. 1:6,11,14; 2:2,5; 3:16; 4:2)
Ezekiel 36:19-29 (KJV)
Stony-heart worship, blemished sacrifices indifference to honor the Lord and keep His Ways (Torah).
An apostate people as they were ploys of the Adversary. Blasphemy unto the prophetic nature of the sacrifices. The sacrifices point to The Lamb of God without blemish. Luke warm people. Today’s prophetic Church of Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22)
Jeremiah 9:23-26 (KJV)
Chapter 2: My priest are apostate and so as is the religious actions and also is the people.
You become likened unto those whom instruct you. I am weary with them. These messengers, agents, are unrighteous. They give no Glory to My Name. Is the Church today Bible-based or whimsy to the self interest of their pastor, preacher, teacher or prophet? Self-vested people with self-vested agendas.
Today, who opens their Bible? They corrupt My Word and stumble on Biblical interpretation as a blind man. A corrupt, lawless, wicked generation wherein every man deals wickedly with his brother. They dishonor the marriage vow, fornicate, commit adultery and divorce the wife of their youth.They are unequally yoked with pagan wives.
1 Corinthians 5:1-5 (JKV)
How can their children have godly moral values? Remember –recall- God’s blessings are conditional based upon faith, obedience, accountability and your halacha. … Self-will or God’s will. They look upon evil as good. The wicked are rewarded .. Where is God’s judgment?
Chapters 3 and 4 are Messianic and point to the second coming of Jesus Christ with the establishment of the Messianic Kingdom in the pleasant land. The tribulation judgment by fire begins the Day of the Lord. Before the Day of the Lord Elijah must come first.
Name Zephaniah means “who the Lord will hide” or “watcher of the Lord.” He is a prophet of the royal blood line of Hezekiah- being great-great-grandson of Hezekiah and blood relative of Manasseh. Ministry falls after time of Manasseh’s (55 years) and Amon’s (2 years) reign of idolatry.
2 Kings 21:20 (KJV) “And he (Amon) did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, as his father Manasseh did.”
Josiah, who’s ruled began at age 8, did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord to bring revival to Israel.
2 Chronicles 34:3 (KJV) “For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.”
2 Chronicles 34:8 (KJV) “Now in the eighteenth year of his reign, when he had purged the land, and the house, he sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, and Maaseiah the governor of the city, and Joah the son of Joahaz the recorder, to repair the house of the LORD his God.”
All about prophetic Day of the Lord: Zephaniah was a prophet to the Southern Kingdom and to King Josiah during rise of Babylon as a world Empire, during days of Josiah (640-608 BC). Prophecies of Pre-Babylon invasion are applied to our End Time Tribulation. Theme is God’s judgment in “The Day of the Lord” and the protection of a righteous remnant. Day of Lord appears 7 times. This will be a time when God’s wrath will totally consume all things. ……. WOW!! Judgment starts at the House of God!
God’s Judgment falls upon a renegade people. The People worship Moleck (Malcham) from their roof tops - An apostate-double-minded people-who have lost sight of the Lord despite the efforts of revival of their King Josiah. Day of Lord begins with rapture of His guests (SH7121 qârâ‘ kaw-raw‘ … “called-ones”) and a reminder to the Jewish people of His sacrifice (the one pierced). A Messianic Promise. Zechariah 12:10 His wrath falls on those with “clothed with strange apparel.” “Leap on threshold” is Hebrew idiom for an entrance way into the abode of demons – a spiritually dangerous place. Disaster shall come from the north.. “Fish Gate” is Damascus gate of commerce. Maktesh (SH4389 îëúÌùÑ maktêsh mak-taysh‘ a hollow place. .. a depression) ..Most likely the site of market place when taken in context. The great Day of the Lord is near! The people are spiritually and mentally corrupt. There is spiritual apathy. Family values are lost; people seek pleasure and self indulgence, no moral restraints. Sound like America today? When the Body of Christ (Bride)-the restrainer- is removed the thoughts and deeds of our people will be continuously wicked all the time.
But the Lord will search the heart. Day Lord defined just as in Joel 2:1-2 (KJV). Note: the trumpet is sounded…next chapter will explain!
A call to repentance: Come all people-nations- out of your sinful closets..Repent for My wrath-fierce anger- shall come upon you. V3 is a rapture of a faithful remnant. (Isaiah 26:19-21). Judgment upon these nations-people: Philistines (PLO); Moab/Ammon-Jordan; Ethiopia (Ethiopia/Africa); Assyria/Nineveh (Syria-Lebanon);
What happened afore time will happen again as the Gog-Magog-Islamic coalition (axis of evil).
Israel spared in the Assyrians-Hezekiah days by repentance and prayer.
Woe to unrepentant Israel.
Babylonians under Zerubbabel
Israel under Netenyahu
False prophets in the land. Violence to law and not Torah observant (ignore , don’t read, don’t apply, improper interpretation).They know no shame. I am eternally present ..some of you are incurably wicked.
The Messianic Kingdom…futuristic in that day: Verses 12-20:
But I have a remnant in the midst of you. Sing, be glad rejoice-Yeshua Jesus is in the midst of you.
Which solemn assembly? Re-gather the exiles…set the captives free.. “take captivity captive.”
Hebrew a “dead language!” Never in the history of man has a dead language been resurrected to be a live language. There are lots of languages that die and are only used scholastically or religiously. Latin and Hebrew are good examples. When in Babylonian captivity the Jews adopted the language of the Babylonians –Chaldean-Aramaic. Hebrew was uses for religious ceremonial purposes by the Levite priests. Under the rule of the Greeks, the universal language of the Empire was Greek.
The entire vehicular Hebrew language had to be reconstructed as done by the life time work of Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, the father of Modern Hebrew.
Restore a pure tongue! Zephaniah 3:9 “For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.”
Zephaniah 3:8 (ILB)Read in Hebrew in Hebrew Interlinear Bible.
Jeremiah 31:23 “Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; The LORD bless thee, O habitation of justice, and mountain of holiness.”
Haggai is the first prophet to the exiled Babylonian Hebrew remnant that is now back in the land of Judea. These 50,000 exiles were religious Jews who after their initial efforts to rebuild the Temple became concerned about themselves and their own house rather than the House of God. They were under the curse of the law. On 1 Elul during the 40 days of repentance, God motivates them. This apathy reflects much of today’s Christians attitude toward the Holy Bible and the House of God as a Holy Place. To the discerning reader, Haggai extends his prophecies to the last days, the rule of antichrist, Ezekiel’s Temple and return of Yeshua Jesus as Ruler from Jerusalem.
The Prophet Nahum comforts the Jewish people of the Southern Kingdom against the burden of the forthcoming Assyrian invasion of Israel. Nahum establishes that God is all powerful and is zealous with a “whip of a cat of nine-tails” for punishment of the wicked. God is a Just God. God is moral ruler of the Universe, He is a righteous Judge, injustice-wickedness- transgressions must be repaid. God controls the elements of nature. The Assyrians were the most cruel rulers over their captives. God judges Nineveh to never more exist on the face of the earth, just as daughter Babylon (USA) will be judged in one hour. This Book is a portrayal of end time prophecy of the antichrist. After studing this Book think seriously what Jesus said: “For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” (Matthew 24:21 KJV)